Musings

These are my random thoughts. I like to pretend to be very intellectual. Sometimes my posts are deep and sometimes they are about the weather, but they are always worth reading ;)

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Tuesdays

So Tuesdays really don't like me for some reason. Last week I had a terrible Tuesday and so far this one isn't any better.

Our fire alarm went off at 7am this morning while I was in the shower with conditioner in my hair!! They have decided it's a good idea to do road work on the main road from my apartment to campus which thousands of other people take also. Therefore, I didn't get a parking spot in my favorite lot AGAIN! And was late to my 8 o'clock again... this time only 2 minutes though.

I did, however, get an awesome parking spot when I moved my car. I always move my car on Tuesdays and Thursdays after my morning class because that class is on one side of campus and all the rest of them are on the other side. Today I got a spot that is actually pretty much on campus, not in one of the lots that are on the outskirts.

My weekend in Atlanta was pretty fun minus the three painful hours that involved actually watching football. I've never seen our team perform so poorly EVER!! It was embarrassing to say the least!

Other than that we stayed at this amazingly huge house in Alpharetta about half an hour away. We hung out by the pool on Friday night and Saturday we went into Atlanta for some tailgating. The boys went in early to go to Gameday and we were supposed to meet them at lunchtime. We drove to the nearest MARTA station and took the train in from there. It was simple enough I thought.

Tailgating was fun except that it was extremely hot and everyone was so spread out around the Georgia Dome that I spent a lot of time walking. We got free Chick-fil-a for lunch but I'm now convinced that anything Clemson and Chick-fil-a have to do with each other are cursed (ie. Chick-fil-a Bowl Game and Chick-fil-a College Kick-off). It's a shame because I love it so much! I even had it for lunch.

I am off to study about 100 medical roots and terminology words for my quiz tomorrow! Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Whitney said...

I hope your Tuesday turned out to be absolutely fantastic! :)

And yes, my husby IS a tree!

ALF said...

Sounds like you had a good weekend - sorry to hear your football team lost. I love football season!

Meg said...

Good luck tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Busy day, good luck on your quiz!