Musings

These are my random thoughts. I like to pretend to be very intellectual. Sometimes my posts are deep and sometimes they are about the weather, but they are always worth reading ;)

Sunday, August 24, 2008

"Nights" of Our Lives

I've now been back at school for a full week. It has yet to take full effect since we have only had 3 days of classes so far. It is always interesting to see how differently college students live from the "real world". We have such different lifestyles of people that have a job and kids and I can't yet imagine having that lifestyle.

Mainly, college students keep weird hours. I have yet to go to bed before 2 a.m. since I've been back and have stayed up till 5 a.m. more than half of last week. Why do I do this? I really don't know. Maybe because half of last week I didn't have to go to class or do homework. Maybe it's just because I can so I do.

I noticed the other night when I was out at around 4 a.m. that there was an amazing amount of traffic for the middle of the night. At home I can get out of a movie shortly after midnight, drive home and only see a handful of cars. But here it's perfectly normal to see regular traffic in the middle of the night.

I'm sure that once school gets in full swing and I have tests and homework and other obligations that I will go to bed at a rather decent hour.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Out at 4 am? Holy cow, I would pass out.